Easy Banana Bread (with half the sugar!)
Makes 1 (9x5x3") loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9x5x3 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, bananas, butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. (If using walnuts, fold them in here.) Batter will be thick and chunky.
- Pour batter into the greased pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.